Thursday, September 9, 2010

Juicy Green Italian Soup


Today is Day 3 of my first ever juice fast. I am doing the fast through an online program offered by Natasha St. Michael on Raw Radiant Health. So far, so good! My sense of smell has improved enormously -- to the point where I can smell the traffic fumes on my morning ride to work. No wonder fasting causes people to radically change their lives!

Last night I made a super delicious green juice, poured it into a bowl, sprinkled a few spices on top, and ate it as a soup. Really delicious and filling! Above is the picture of ingredients before going through the juicer, below is the recipe. Enjoy!

Tguch Green Italian Soup
1/2 head of red lettuce (could increase this to 1 head)
5-6 stalks of basil
1/3 bunch of parsley
6 tomatoes
1/2 a large cucumber
1 red pepper
3 carrots
1/4 fennel (yum, juiced fennel is awesome!)
2 garlic cloves
cayenne pepper + paprika sprinkled on top

No comments:

Post a Comment