Sunday, June 6, 2010

Raw food at Bob's Kitchen

One of my favorite vegetarian restaurants in Paris is Bob's Kitchen. It is just up the street from the Marais Bikram yoga studio, on Rue des Gravilliers, and after class I love to treat myself to their fresh juice of the day. My fave so far has been lemon, strawberries and mint. Yum!

Two weeks ago I noticed they were announcing a raw food special dinner hosted by local raw foodie Arletty Abady with special guest chef Adam Graham. Hooray! This was my first discovery of raw cuisine in Paris, I was more than excited. Could this mean no more trips to London for raw desserts?

The theme was Italian food, and it was delicious. The appetizer was a fennel, orange, yellow pepper salad and mushrooms marinated, stuffed with olive tapenade, and dehydrated. As someone who has dehydrated a fair amount of mushrooms, I can tell you that these were divine. Full of flavor and a great texture.

The main course was zucchinetti (can I trademark that word?) with a pesto made from a wild herb foraged in the forests of Belgium. Foraging is becoming a new interest of mine, so I was very excited to discover a potential forest guide in neighboring Belgium. There was also a delicious eggplant, marinara tomato, cashew cheese stack.


Dessert was a chocolate cheesecake (made from cashew cheese) parfait with raspberries. It was divine. Raw desserts are the best! The raw heart-shaped chocolate was made by Arletty herself.

Overall, it was a wonderful evening. It was great to meet other folks in Paris interested in raw food, and I look forward to working with them to help build the budding community. There will be other raw food events in the future, I will be sure to post about them here. In the meantime, check out the awesome veggie resto. Enjoy!


Bob's Kitchen
74 Rue des Gravilliers 75003

No comments:

Post a Comment